At Jeff Horsey Solicitors we are large enough to deliver knowledge and experience and small enough to care. We believe that offering a personal service makes your legal experience more comfortable and productive.
While many other firms are becoming specialised and limited, we remain committed to offering advice across a broad spectrum of areas, whilst providing you with a high level of personal attention. The convenience of being able to deal with the same firm with all the legal issues that concern you ensures your problems are handled with efficiency and sensitivity.
Our services include:
- Buying and selling property
- We can take care of all your conveyancing needs - whether buying, selling, first home, investment or commercial property we can take care of it all. While most conveyances are straight forward transactions strict timeframes do apply particularly in relation to cooling off periods, payments, deposits, building and pest inspections. This means it is vital to get it done right the first time and avoid problems.
The bulk of your paperwork and legalities fall at the start of property purchase which means it is important to gain representation as soon as you sign the contract. Remember to tell your agent that you want representation from Jeff Horsey Solicitor and they will forward the contract directly to us. This not only speeds up the process but it means we can ensure and protect your interests every step of the way.
- Leasing premises is an important investment decision, whether you are a tenant or landlord. A lease can be incredibly complex and filled with potential problems. Whether you are a landlord or tenant, you need expert legal advice regarding your lease to ensure your occupancy agreements meet your commercial goals and expectations in the best interests of your business.
- Debt Recovery
- Debt collection is a common requirement for many companies and as such we have a variety of clients who have lodged claims through local, district, supreme and feral courts. We are equipped to handle simple debt recovery matters through to complex claims arising from taxation liability, insurance disputes, consumer law, lending transactions and claims for damages.
- While litigation is often not in anyone's best interests we work hard alongside both our civil and commercial clients to ensure the best outcome is achieved. Ranging from strategic settlement and mediation through to trying the case and appropriate legal proceedings which we can handle in multiple jurisdictions. We offer upfront cost reviews so each decision is a planned and educated one as you work towards your desired resolution.
- Personal Injury Claims
- If you have suffered a personal injury incurred at work, on the road, or as the result of a crime we can help you claim for rightful compensation. At Jeff Horsey Solicitors we take the stress and suffering out of the process. You fill out the paperwork and supply evidence, we take care of the rest. Our personal injury claims range from multi-million dollar to minor damage rebates. If you think you have a case and remain unsure, contact us to discuss it.
- Family Law
- Family law can be a sensitive and emotional topic which is why we pride ourselves in maintaining a personal, straightforward approach which helps set our clients at ease. Family law services we offer include divorce, binding financial arrangements, child custody, defacto property settlement, family business, parenting disputes, adoptions and much more.
- Criminal Defence
- Our firm delivers accurate advice and strong representation whilst maintaining a comprehensible and personal service to our clients. Our criminal legal experts are knowledgeable, experienced and professional which ensures your representation brings about results. Our fixed fees add peace of mind so you know exactly what will happen each step of the way. Our fees cover a variety of cases including guilty pleas, bail applications, prison visits, court appearances and appeals processes. We help clients on minor and major charges.
- Traffic Offences
- Our team is fully equipped to handle a full spectrum of traffic offence claims and disputes including license appeals, work licenses, drink driving, speeding appeals and serious offences. If you are facing license suspension there is a good chance you can defend the matter and minimise your penalty or charges. If you are unsure please contact us to discuss your case and we can advise of any possible actions.
- Wills & Power of Attorney
- Preparing a good Will is about preserving and protecting the lifetime you have spent working towards everything you own. There are many hazards in the way of effective estate planning, so it is important that you to seek professional help when considering the future security, wealth and well-being for your family and loved ones. Jeff Horsey Solicitor can help you prepare your Will regardless of whether it is for a large or small estate. We offer clients years of experience when it comes to taking instructions and offering guidance. Enjoy the peace of mind of knowing everything is taken care of.
Are you already dealing with an estate and need help? Dealing with banks, superannuation and insurance companies, government departments and other large organisations can be highly stressful for executors and administrators. If your loved one has died with or without a Will we can help by dealing with the day-to-day maintenance of assets or the distribution of an estate.
Going to Court for a Driving Offence…
Going to Court for a Driving Offence explained Why do I need to speak to a lawyer We recommend that you obtain legal advice before you attend court for a driving offence. When should I speak to a lawyer …
Season’s Greetings This office will close at 12:00pm Friday 21 December 2012 and will reopen at 8.30am Monday 7 January 2013. All of the Staff from Jeff Horsey Solicitor wish you and your family a Merry Christmas …
What are my Responsibilities as an Executor of a Will?
I am executor of someone’s Will, what do I do? We at Jeff Horsey Solicitors express our condolences to you at this difficult time. Dealing with banks, superannuation and insurance companies, government departments and other large organisations can be highly …